By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 10:30 AM CST
We’re getting to know the Owners, Managers and Artisans of some of our great partners. Today we speak with Terry Bryson, Barber, of Classic Cuts and Shaves:
1. Tell us a little about you as a person. Where are you from, what are your hobbies and what prepared you for your career a Barber?
I am from Bowling Green originally, moved away in the early 70’s but have always been close enough to call it home. I am a golfer for years. Love to paint in oil and acrylic. I have been a student of Bob Ross for years. I worked at a factory for years and decided there had to be something more to life so Barber School was it. I think it fits in well with the Artsy Side.
2. What is your earliest memory of your work, what got you interested in it?
Going to work at my first barbering job, was a little scary but, a great experience.I think I have always been interested in barbering, again because of the artsy side.
3. You recently moved downtown with the shop, what do you like about the move?
We like being part of downtown, the interaction of the business community is really cool, somewhat of a family, almost.
4. Who are your influences in life and your work?
I think I have always just kind of been me, but an influence in my barbering career I would have to say was Frank Bush, my barber teacher. Also, Max Durham a longtime friend and barber from Glasgow, Kentucky.
5. If you had to choose a last meal, what would you eat?
Peanut Butter & Jelly with BBQ Chips, Ha!
6. How important is local business collaboration to you?
I think we definitely feed off each other some what. So, with that being said, very important.
7. You are artistic and have your own projects, tell us what inspires your other work?
The barbering life is really an enjoyable life, to build and sculpt as you go. Making someone feel good about themselves. Meeting some nice people as you go.
8. What other locally owned businesses in town do you enjoy shopping, eating or patronizing?
If it’s local count me in! Too many to mention and be fair.
Classic Cuts and Shaves (Click Link to Fan Page) is a great place to get a shave and a hair cut. Also, to be more in touch with the buy local community, fan the page!