By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Monday, November 5th, 2012 10:00 AM CST
As we’ve said before we love local Bowling Green Businesses, aside from the amazing people we have tons of great, locally owned, stores that do better than those big box stores. We challenge ourselves each year to shop locally for the holidays and it has been a wonderful experience. Here are five reasons that you should commit to shopping local this holiday season:
- You don’t have to travel far. – By shopping local you don’t have to travel far and if you’re lucky enough to have a town center like we do you can park once and hit all the stores. This is particularly nice if you have small children.
- You don’t have to battle the lines at the mall.– Shopping local means that you won’t have to battle crowded malls and wait in long lines. You can spend your time exploring the store and thinking about the right gift, not standing in line.
- You can get help from the shop owners.– Have you ever tried to get help finding a gift in a big box store? They’re helpful if you’re looking for something specific but not if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Small businesses owners usually know their stock well and can help you choose the perfect gift, not just find it.
- The money you spend stays in your community. – When you spend money locally it stays local. That money goes back into the community in taxes, rent and in other ways that help keep your town or community thriving.
- You can find amazingly unique gifts.– At small local shops you can find some great unique items that aren’t available at the big box stores. We have many local shops like Marsch Inspiration, Candle Maker’s, Werner Lowe that sell amazing ceramics and other items made by local artisans. Some truly one of a kind creations.
If you can’t commit to spending your entire holiday budget locally, commit to just one day! If we could all commit to at least one day of purchasing from local small businesses then we could really make a difference in Bowling Green.