By Arts Alive, artsaliveky.weebly.com
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 12:00 PM CST
- “I love how the camp mixes acting with Biblical studies. You really learn a lot while having a blast at the same time!”
- “This camp has trained me to utilize the talents that I have and apply them – but not for myself, instead for the glory of God.”
- “Teen camp is an exciting 10 days that pushes you to work hard and better yourself. The friends I made are lifelong, and the skills I learned will always be with me.
- “I’ve been three times, and look forward to next summer.”
- “Teen camp is not only one of those happy, hazy, summer memories, it is an easy algorithm for increasing your boldness for Christ.”
- “Definitely strengthened my ability to work as a team. It was also a lot of fun to learn to think on my feet.”
- “This camp isn’t just about acting. I walked away with life skills, like confidence and leadership, and a more confident faith in God.”
- “Best camp ever!”
Because our Teen Extreme Camp is so popular, we are offering two sessions this year –
May 29 – June 8 or June 19 – 29
Students will attend camp 9 a.m. – 6 p.m each day (camp will not meet on Sunday).
Showtime will be the final Friday at 6 p.m.
Enrollment fee is $150
Christian Theatre Camps (ages 6-12) – June 11-15
Youth ages 6-12 will meet Monday through Friday to experience life in the spotlight. Throughout the week they will discover the magic of theatre while rehearsing, building a set, and finally presenting a short play with a Christian theme.
6-9 year olds
June 11-15, 1 – 4 pm.
Enrollment fee is $75
Instruction will focus on building confidence, stage presence, and public speaking skills, as well as the art of developing a character and portraying it on stage.
10-12 year olds
June 11-15, 1 – 5 pm.
Enrollment fee is $75
A class for both new and experienced performers who want to learn about every aspect of the theatre. Students will explore the technical side of theatre in addition to preparing their performance.
(one day camp for ages 4-5)
One of our most popular programs! Little Stars is a one day camp for 4-5 year olds who want a chance in the spotlight. Students will rehearse a short play, paint a set, grab a costume, and perform by the end of the day.
9am. – 2pm
Enrollment fee is $30
All camps will meet at The Connexion (824 Parkland Way, Bowling Green), with final day rehearsals and performances in a local theatre (TBA). Slots for all our camps are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Limited scholarship and work-trade may be available. Don’t wait to enroll – we can hold a spot for you with a $30 (non-refundable) deposit!
For more information contact us at (270)-535-3212 or ArtsAliveKY@yahoo.com