By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Wednesday, November 30th, 2010 10:30 PM CST
Governor Beshear has launched the “Give a Gift from Kentucky” campaign. Well, we hope you get even more local with a gift from Bowling Green. A few suggestions, in no particular order.
1. A Gift from the WKU Store. The Hilltopper fan in your life always could use a new jacket, shirt or anything showing their love for ‘Big Red.’
2. Bowling Green Pipe and Cigar. A locker membership is the gift that keeps on giving for the Cigar Connoisseur in your life. A locker Membership gives them a new sample of top shelf cigars each month. As someone who’s taken advantage of this gift, it’s fantastic. Or if you have a loved one overseas, submit their name to the guys at the shop or buy some “Smokes for Soldiers” this holiday season.
3. Gift Certificate at ‘The Bistro’, Spencer’s or ‘Cambridge Market.’ Who doesn’t love a good meal or a great cup of coffee?
4. A nice pair of earrings for the ladies or a nice watch for the man in your life? Morris Jewelry probably has what you are looking for. Hey guys, Jewelry… come on, you know she’ll love you more this year than the year prior with a gift from Morris.
5. Candle Makers on The Square always has a great smell when you open the door. How about delivering that great smell to your favorite aunt this holiday?
6. Donate for a cause! No matter if it’s to help support the arts (Capital Arts Alliance) or special needs kids (New Beginnings Therapeutic Riding) the gift of giving is always a good idea. It’s these groups who get hit first in our slower times.
There are so many more ideas and we will get a bigger list once we officially launch the site but, I wanted to let some of our earliest supporters and fans some of the places we are buying gifts this holiday season. Remember, buying local always helps our community more and many of our local shops have great stuff for this holiday season. Have fun and be safe shopping.