By Courtney Davis, Ingen Art Gallery & Studio
Tuesday, May 20th, 2014 2:00 PM CST
Many modern jobs and careers require skills that are built on a visual arts foundation. Whether you are building a home or designing a website, a strong connection to visual arts and creativity can help an individual develop and present ideas in a more effective manner. Like the crucial subjects of literacy and mathematics, art teaches creativity as a calculated process and is an essential part of brain development. Through art processes, children learn to make mental connections between their ideas and what they create using their eyes and hands.
A strong background in arts can also develop these lifelong skills of success:
• Making good judgments. While most academic subjects focus rules and right answers, the Arts teach children to make decisions based on good judgments rather than convention.
• The mind has no bounds. Students will learn that cognitive application can help connect and form ideas between individuals when limitations of language and numbers arise.
• Embrace unexpected problems. Art teaches children to use problem solving skills when faced with unexpected challenges.
• Problems can have multiple solutions. Art teaches children to look for multiple solutions to challenges.
• Think through with material. Students are taught to grow ideas over a creative process, helping strengthen planning skills and idea development.
Ingen Art Gallery & Studio offers a 8-week summer course for youth students that include academic and creative learning; covering art basics, techniques, and art history. Perfect for all ages, we strive to create individualized lessons for each child’s needs and skill sets.
Individual class sessions are $30/per session (total $540).
Pay for 9-week course in full and receive discount at $20/per session ($360)
Please contact Ingen Art Gallery & Studio for additional information and/or any questions you may have (270) 904-1278 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Youth Art Sessions
2014 CLASS SCHEDULE
Kids (ages 5-10) – Monday/Wednesday 1PM- 3PM
JUNE 2 JUNE 4
JUNE 9 JUNE 11
JUNE 16 JUNE 18
JUNE 23 JUNE 25
JUNE 30 JULY 2
JULY 7 JULY 9
JULY 14 JULY 16
JULY 21 JULY 23
Youth (ages 11+) – Tuesday/Thursday 1PM- 4PM
JUNE 3 JUNE 5
JUNE 10 JUNE 12
JUNE 17 JUNE 19
JUNE 24 JUNE 26
JULY 1 JULY 3
JULY 8 JULY 10
JULY 15 JULY 17
JULY 22 JULY24
*We allow make-up sessions to be scheduled in the event of an emergency. Due to the past winter weather conditions, any participating student who also attends public school may reschedule classes in the scenario Ingen summer art sessions overlap with mandatory make-up days.