By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Friday, January 17th, 2014 8:00 AM CST
We’re getting to know the Owners, Managers and Artisans of some of our great partners. Today we speak with Rachel Feldman of Mellow Matt’s Music & More:
1. Tell us a little about you as a person. Where are you from, what are your hobbies and what inspired you to work Mellow Matt’s.
I am 30 years old. I grew up in Bowling Green. I attended Greenwood High and went to Western for a few years. I was blessed to have a father who loved and appreciated music and shared that with me at a very early age. There are pictures of me going through my Dad’s vinyl collection when I was barely big enough to stand. Holding up a record that was just about as big as me. My first concert was at age eight with my Dad at Diddle Arena. My love and taste has expanded from that age on. My hobbies are discovering new music, going to live shows & concerts & photography. I met Matt through mutual friends. I worked in retail for 10 plus years and was looking to combine my passion for music with my retail experience. I worked with Matt for two years prior to his decision to open up Mellow Matt’s Music & More. From day one, I have been on board & excited about this amazing opportunity!
2. What is your earliest memory of your work, what got you interested in it?
I worked in retail for most of my working career. I love music and combined with the opportunity to work with an amazing mentor and friend, Matt, and work in a true local store, like Mellow Matt’s, I was immediately on board.
3. What is your favorite thing you sale?
4. Who are your influences in life and your work?
My life influences are my Grandmothers, Mother and Father and Bob Dylan. My work influences is the one and only MellowMatt!
5. If you had to choose a last meal, what would you eat (Just a fun question and doesn’t have to be local)?
Murf’s sushi and vanilla bean cheesecake
6. How important is local business collaboration to you?
It is very key and essential to a business to be in the community.
7. What event in Bowling Green (or Charity) are you involved with?
I am a huge supporter and advocate for local music and have been a volunteer with the Grateful Gathering in years past. A fund raiser for the Sun ray foundation.
8. What do you see for the future of the business in Bowling Green and serving South Central Kentucky?
A staple in the Bowling Green music scene. Providing a place for local artist to sell their art and music to the community.
9. What other locally owned businesses in town do you enjoy shopping, eating or patronizing?
Geno’s, Tidball’s, Spencer’s, Mellow Matt’s Music and More, Lost River Pizza, Labold and Sons, Farmer’s Market, Jackson Orchard, Nolva Dolce, Print Mafia & Yellowberri.
Fan Mellow Matt’s Music and More facebook page here and you can find them at 1200 Smallhouse Rd Unit C, (270) 780-0068.