By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Thursday, January 16th, 2014 7:00 AM CST
We’re getting to know the Owners, Managers and Artisans of some of our great partners. Today we speak with Brad Lyons, Classic Cuts and Shaves newest barber:
1. Tell us a little about you as a person. Where are you from, what are your hobbies and what prepared you for your career a Barber?
I am from Auburn and I enjoy watching sports, playing golf and traveling to new places. I have always enjoyed working with my hands. I spent 4 years as an Aircraft mechanic in the U.S. Air Force and 3 years after that working on cars as a civilian. I have always been a people person and when I got tired of getting my hands dirty, being a barber seemed like a great idea.
2. What is your earliest memory of your work, what got you interested in it?
I started barber school October 2012. My dad wanted a hair cut and he let me do it with an old cheap pair of clippers and from that night on I felt like I wanted to be a barber.
3. Classic Cuts and Shaves recently moved downtown with the shop, what do you like about the move?
This will be the first shop I will work in. I am excited about working downtown and meeting so many new people.
4. Who are your influences in life and your work?
My family is a big influence on my life.
5. If you had to choose a last meal, what would you eat?
Sushi- The real raw kind.
6. How important is local business collaboration to you?
I believe it is very important to keep the local economy strong and that is where working together helps achieve that.
7. What event in Bowling Green (or charity) are you involved with?
I am a veteran and belong to the VFW.
8. You are artistic and have your own projects, tell us what inspires your other work?
When I was 21 I started performing stand-up comedy and have been continuously writing new material for the past 5 years. I would like to see a bigger comedy scene here in Bowling Green.
9. What other locally owned businesses in town do you enjoy shopping, eating or patronizing?
I like going to Hot Rods games.
Classic Cuts and Shaves (Click Link to Fan Page) is a great place to get a shave and a hair cut. Also, to be more in touch with the buy local community, fan the page!