By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Monday, August 19th, 2013 10:00 AM CST
We’re getting to know the Owners and Managers of some of our great partners. Today we speak with Robin Gentry of B&J Gallery:
1. Tell us a little about you as a person. Where are you from, what are your hobbies and where did you start your career that led to Starting your photography company.
I am married to Michael and we have two wonderful children, Tyler and Ashton. I really do not have any hobbies, I enjoy taking care of my animals and spending time with Family. If I had more time I would travel! I bought B&J Gallery in 1997 from my Aunt Becky Dubree at the time I was working at a Vet Clinic. I was looking for something that would allow me a little more flexibility as my husband and I had two small children.
2. What is your earliest memory of working with Frames?
In high school I liked to take photos and I also did cross stitch. I would take thing to my Aunt to be framed so this was my introduction to framing.
3. What style of photography or setting is your favorite?
I really do not have a favorite. I enjoy several types of art. But I guess if I had to say it would be wildlife and photography. There are some modern animal prints by Dean Russo that I really like.
4. Who are your inﬂuences in life and your business?
This is a hard one. I am involved with PPFA and get a lot of encouragement from other members of the organization. I try to live my life in a Christian manor and treat others the way I want to be treated.
5. If you had to choose a last meal, what and/or would you eat?
A last meal would be Steak and Chocolate!!! I love Sweets and anything Chocolate makes me happy.
6. How important are local landmarks, businesses and props you use for photos to you?
Local artists and vendors are wonderful. Since we have moved to a more visible location I am focusing on local art. Bowling Green has some wonderful artists and many people are not aware of what great pieces you can get from the area. We are trying to work with local artists and rotate our displays to show different peoples work throughout the year. As part of this we are taking part in The Bowling Green Gallery Hop.
7. What has been your favorite local shoot so far?
I Love all the local art we carry! I think one of my favorites are the Barracks Floor Flags by Russ Walkup. These flags are made from the Barracks Floors at Fort Knox and are Beautiful.
8. What other locally owned businesses in town do you enjoy shopping, eating or patronizing?
I enjoy several businesses in town. Werner Lowe, Heart Strings, Kyoto’s, Mariah’s, Stax, Bruster’s, Bistro, Cambridge Market (can you tell I like to eat).
Put more art in the lives of your family and friends with a gift from B&J Gallery. Hurry into their store on 955 Fields Dr Ste 104 off of Campbell Lane: