By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 7:00 AM CST
Dance Arts, established in 1966 by Martha Madison, has been providing high quality, professional dance education to the city of Bowling Green, Kentucky and the surrounding area for over 40 years.
Martha Madison, Dance Arts’ owner, principal teacher and artistic director, is passionate about dance and her love for teaching. Ms. Martha, as she is affectionately called by her students, focuses on emphasizing the value and importance of dance education. Dance Art’s students gain valuable life skills and experiences that will play a positive role in shaping their future and their love of the arts. Ms. Martha believes that dance education includes not only the physical aspects, but intellectual and emotional fitness as well, inspiring creativity and enthusiasm for dance in her students.
Dance Arts’ students learn:
- Dance technique and style
- Poise and artistic presentation
- Correct body placement and alignment
- Anatomy in relation to dance
- Physical balance and flexibility
- History of dance and ballet
- Dance terminology
- Music education
- Musical rhythm
- Improved comprehension/concentration abilities
- Communication skills
- Emotional, intellectual and creative development
- Physical fitness and strength
- Commitment to set goals and the value of personal challenge
- Responsibility and integrity
- Experience being a team player
- Experience coping with demands and expectations
Open Registration is today and Thursday from 4pm-7pm for Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, Hip Hop and the Baby Dance Moves class. Call for registration 270-842-6811. Classes start August 13th.