By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 1:00 PM CST
Last year a total of 55 children ages 10 to 15 years old attended the Bob Pitchford Aviation Summer Camp. Over fifty percent of the children in attendance were on scholarship. The Kentucky Aviation Museum Camp Instructors once again stated that the Bowling Green Aviation Summer Camps are one of the best attended and organized in the State of Kentucky.
This year we will be offering the “Bob Pitchford” Summer Aviation Camp July 10-11, 2012, and the “Jim Bohannon III” Summer Aviation Camp July 12-13, 2012.
- Students of the Summer Aviation Camp will gain knowledge of aircraft instruments, engine workings, aircraft design, use of an aeronautical map, aviation communication, and aviation related careers.
- They will learn how to takeoff, land, and navigate a plane on a flight simulator.
- Each student will also get the opportunity of a lifetime to help fly a REAL airplane with an FAA certified Flight Instructor.
The camp is from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CST each day at the Bowling Green-Warren County Regional Airport. Camp is open to ages 10-15. Cost is $269 per child; a limited number of scholarships are available. Application Deadline is June 22!
- Camp Application Form: Bowling_Green_Applications_2012.pdf
- Scholarship Form (must be submitted with a completed camp application!) Scholarship_Application.pdf
- Please make checks payable to “Aviation Museum of Kentucky”
- Please mail completed applications to: Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport 1000 Woodhurst Bowling Green KY 42103.
To promote the Summer Aviation Camp in your area, feel free to print and share our flyer! Aviation_Camp_FLyer.pdf
For more information, please contact Tabbatha with the Airport Managers Office at 270-842-1101
The Summer Aviation Camp is conducted by the Aviation Museum of Kentucky. This camp is not a program of or sponsored by any public or private school system.