By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 10:00 AM CST
Hey, we know. Popping the Question is intense. Some tips to help you through it.
- First, consult Morris Jewelry for your ring. I proposed in college not in this region and I went to the mall. Big mistake. Not only was it a ring you wanted to upgrade it’s not guaranteed they will last long (as these chains come and go). Morris has been serving Southern Kentucky since 1881!
- Take one step back and listen. Maybe we jumped the gun. Once you’ve made the decision to propose, conversations about jewelry will become VERY IMPORTANT. You’ll look at every instagram photo she likes, every pinterest pin and any sort of glance she has at a friends ring. If you don’t have enough info, but you’ve both talked about marriage (which hopefully you have), you might even want to take a day to browse rings together at Morris. It doesn’t mean you should walk into Morris, pick one out, swipe the credit card, and propose right there (Although Jim and Sam have no policy against that). And although it may sound a little unromantic, it’ll definitely help ensure you end up giving her something she really likes.
- We’re old fashioned. Ask for permission, it will help with your relationship with her family going forward. I can’t stress how nervous I was. My future Father in-law owned a Gun Store. So, I expected to walk into an arsenal ready to be used against me. My advice? Just do it. It’s really freeing and they respect you for not being secretive or discreet with them. And if you’re the traditional type, you’ll agree that the act of asking shows respect and appreciation for the other person’s family. They’ll love you more for it and that goes a long way in a relationship.
- Unless you are the Pioneer in your circle most likely have a friend who’s married or at least engaged. Ask what they did when it comes to ring. Maybe they can give you tips (it’s been 20 years since we had to buy a ring so maybe there is a new trick).
- As important as Family, talk to her girlfriends. You may have nailed it on her birthday or Christmas but this is the BIG ONE. Now is the time to hit it big. To be sure you score major points, confide in someone close to her to see if they know what she’s been thinking about, or if there was something she saw in a magazine that really caught her eye. You can also bring them with you to make the purchase, as a second opinion at Morris. Your girlfriend’s girlfriends will probably love nothing more than to come with you, do research for you or even help you plan the proposal. They are your best allies in this venture, hands-down. Just don’t tell too many people. (The more who know, the more likely it is that someone will accidentally let it slip.) Usually pick the closest friend who can tell the least amount of people or keep it off Snapchat.
- Lastly, you need an expert diamond and ring buyer. The best is at Morris Jewelry. Yes, we are promoting them but we can not stress how many of our own friends were bailed out by choosing Morris to consult for the perfect engagement ring.
Visit Morris Jewelry, your trusted source for the finest jewelry in Bowling Green. Located on beautiful Fountain Square in Bowling Green. It’s like having a family member in the business when you are looking for a fair deal, remember Morris Jewelry. Get down to Main Street next to the Capitol Arts Center. Check out Morris Jewelry online.