By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Friday, May 6th, 2016 2:00 PM CST
Bowling Green Pipe & Cigar’s Derby Trifecta. Who will Win, Place, & Show?
They’ll be staying open later on Saturday for the Run for the Roses:
- Colonel E.H. Taylor Jr. Straight Rye Whiskey 100 Proof: Colonel Taylor is widely considered one of the founding fathers of the bourbon industry, fighting for the Bottled-in-Bond Act of 1897, nearly three decades after he purchased the now Buffalo Trace Distillery. Now he’s honored with this Single Barrel Bourbon. While most rye whiskeys are made with corn as an ingredient, this is a unique rye whiskey made only with rye and malted barley. This spicy and full-bodied 100 proof Straight Rye Whiskey pays tribute to the classic American whiskey style and the Bottled in Bond Act of 1897. On the nose, this whiskey is full of dried fruit, black pepper and a touch of fresh dill. A small sip brings an array of flavors both sweet and savory with a terrific balance of dark spices and subtle caramel overtones. The finish is especially pleasing with an oaky dryness that lingers just long enough.
- Padron Family Reserve “The Little Hammer” 50 Years. In Celebration of Padrons 50th Anniversar, the limited production Family Reserve 50 Years box pressed cigar is Buy Local Bowling Green’s favorite cigar. Aged tobacco a minimum of 10 years and is available in both Natural & Maduro sun-grown wrapper.
- Bulleit® Bourbon 10 Year Old: Bulleit® Bourbon 10 Year Old is Tom Bulleit’s selected reserve. Aged in charred American white oak, select Bulleit® Bourbon barrels were set aside to age for 10 years. The result is a special expression of Bulleit that provides a rich, deep, incredibly smooth sipping experience.
- Camacho American Barrel Aged Robusto tubos: Utilizing tobaccos aged in bourbon barrels for 5 months in the Dominican Republic, Camacho breaks the mold with their latest installment. With the spirit of America and the essence of a true frontier, Camacho American Barrel-Aged is truly a monumental cigar. It unites the hardworking spirit of Kentucky’s bourbon maker’s and Camacho’s master builders. At its core is six-year-old Corojo leaves, American broadleaf, and Pennsylvania maduro that has been locked away in charred Kentucky bourbon barrels. In order to extract the characteristics of Kentucky bourbon and American Oak, Camacho’s master builders take on this arduous process for five months straight. Wrapped in rugged, all-American broadleaf tobaccos, Camacho American Barrel-Aged delivers a richness and complexity accentuated by notes of oak and sweet bourbon aromas. This intense and fiery, medium to full-bodied blend is an unforgettable experience that blazes new frontiers in complexity.
- Jefferson’s Reserve – This is Jefferson’s flagship bourbon where they define the Jefferson’s taste: big and bold with hints of spice, toffee and leather. The Reserve is the perfect marriage of four different recipes of bourbon, one of which is an elder statesman. The result is bourbon that, like Thomas Jefferson, is sophisticated, complex and unforgettable.
- AVO Classic no. 2- This cigar is the harmony of two cigar legends – Avo Uvezian and Master Blender Hendrik Kelner. Their collaboration offers an unforgettable experience of balance, enjoyment and refined taste. This inviting blend is composed using rare tobaccos that have been aged for 25 years.
Gift Cards are available which is another great reason to choose the local shop over online. Check out Bowling Green Pipe and Cigar onfacebook. Located at 434 East Main on fountain square you can reach them at 904-2285. Open Monday through Saturday 11:00 am-8:00 pm.