By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Monday, July 6th, 2015 9:00 AM CST
GRILLED ZUCCHINI (courtesy of food.com)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch fillets – longways.
- Mix the olive oil and all the seasonings in a one cup mixing container or small bowl.
- Coat all of the zucchini pieces in the mixture and place on a plate to take out to the grill.
- Make sure the grill is pre-heated and place the seasoned zucchini slices on the grilling surface.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side.
Community Farmers Market is a year-round market featuring over 50 vendors with a variety of local foods and handcrafted items. The Market also regularly offers cooking demonstrations, folk school classes and live music. Hours are Saturdays from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. and Tuesdays from 2-6 p.m. It is located at 2319 Nashville Road next to the WKU Store. For information about Community Farmers Market BG, visit www.communityfarmersmarketbg.com.